In Bali’s spiritual heart of Ubud, lies the private and serene Villa Sun. This six-bedroom luxury villa accommodates up to twelve people set across lush gardens that centre around a 25m lap pool and incorporate elegant sculptures and a tranquil meditation terrace. Showcasing an impressive array of artworks and handicrafts originating from China, Africa and Indonesia, Villa Sun is only minutes from sensational shopping, superb spas, classic cultural performances and luxuriant rice fields.
The spacious grounds of this Ubud retreat offer freedom and flexibility for both families and large groups sharing, with hammocks and sun loungers arranged around the 25m x 5m pool and a pool pavilion seating up to 15 people. Inside, as well as the living and dining spaces, there are two well-equipped entertainment rooms, a gym and a children’s playroom. French doors from all of Villa Sun’s six large bedrooms – three doubles and three twins – look out over tranquil gardens, only steps away from the long sloping lawn and the inviting pool.
Guests at Villa Sun are spoiled for choice when it comes to ways to relax. Reflecting the owners’ artistic and spiritual leanings, there’s the loft studio for painting, a telescope for star-gazing from the function room at night, and a Buddhist stupa and yoga terrace tucked in a quiet corner of the property for group or individual meditation and yoga practice.
A friendly, helpful team of staff are on hand around the clock, with a butler and chef available to meet every request. They are knowledgeable about the local Hindu culture, art galleries and the many options for exploring and learning about the region and will recommend the best of local restaurants, cafés and spas.
Features And Amenities
- Location : Ubud, central Bali, Indonesia.
- Neighbourhood : Royal Palace & Water Palace (100m); Ubud markets, shops and restaurants (300m); Monkey Forest (1km); Goa Gajah Elephant Cave (6km).
- Capacity : 12 adults (1 master suite with king and twin bedroom; 2 twins; 2 doubles); 2 extra beds available on request for children.
- Living Areas : Open-sided living area; dining area for 14; entertainment lounge; gym; playroom; studio; garden balé and function room.
- Pool : Private swimming pool 25 x 5m.
- Staff : On-site villa manager; chef; butler; 2 gardeners; 3 household staff; pool attendant; 2 security guards. Yoga instructor, masseuse and babysitters on request (charged extra).
- Dining : Chef available to prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner from delicious international menu by prior arrangement. Butler available to shop if guests prefer to self-cater.
- Communication : IDD; internet (WiFi) in every room.
- Entertainment : iPod dock and speakers in every room; 2 home theatre systems incorporating satellite flat-screen TV, DVD Player and stereo system; books; games; gym equipment; BBQ.
- Events : Suitable for casual, poolside wedding receptions and parties of up to 50 people.
- For children : Dedicated playroom with DVDs, books and games; pool toys; cots; highchairs.
- Transportation : A car and driver can be arranged at a special rate of USD25++ daily for 8 consecutive hours (excluding petrol).
- Additional facilities : Full back-up diesel powered electrical generator. Safety deposit box in each bedroom.
- Property Area : 2500sqm (land).
Low season : US $790++
High season : US $995++
Shoulder season : US $890++
Peak season : US $1,285++
++ Villa rates are subject to 15.5% service charge, taxes, etc
Low season : All remaining dates
High season : 29 Apr to 2 May, 25 Jun to 21 Aug, 16 Dec to 25 Dec
Shoulder season : 18 Jun to 24 24 Jun, 22 Aug to 31 Aug
Peak season : 26 Dec to 2 Jan
- Check In2:00 PM
- Check Out11:00 AM
- Max Guests12
- Min Stay3
- Air Conditioning
- Cable TV/Satellite TV
- Dish Washer
- Internet access
- Road Access
- Swimming Pool